søndag 1. mars 2020

Mend March

Good morning 🌷💚🌷
I'm joining Kate @visiblemend for mendmarch over at Instagram
It's a fun mending challenge and anyone can join in.
It's a great opportunity to meet other mending friends and get a lot of inspiration.

#mendmarch day 1.
Kate gave us the prompt slowly.
And this tablecloth have surly been a very slow process


Even my assistants wasn't very eager to help out after it was washed.
But very interested when I came home with it from the second hand store. [see video]


It was really in a very bad state and really quite ugly. But the crochet lace was just so beautiful 😍 I took it home anyway.


It was back in early May 2019 🤔😂🙊🙈

It went straight into a bucket of bleach as it was dirty, discoloured and something interesting I really didn't want to think about obviously had been interested in it.... 



So I stitched a few roses now and then over the holes in the fabric. But it was moving forward very slowly... 



But today I finally finished 👍😁😁

Did the last Roses 🌹🌹

And sewing a couple of stitches in the crochet lace. 



I keept the original darn as someone had cared so much about it earlier that they wanted to mend it. 


I learned to make those roses from my  friend Suzie. 

Didn't it just turn out beautifully? 



Day 2 of #mendmarch 

And today the prompt is needy. I had this winter overall in much need of some repair. 


I even though it needed a bit of feminine touch. 😆

Sleeves was beginning to show a bit of tear. Back pocket velcro needed replacing. 

Front pocket was frayed. 



And the arm pit was in need of some ladder stitch. The other armpit was done a while back. 
It's also time for Monday mending hosted by our friend Evelyn @evelyn_wood

I have started a pair of socks for the book I bought last week 👍
I had some time to knit 🧶 when we were on a car trip.

My hubby seemed to need a new hat so I crochet him one

Have a lovely new week friends 🌷💚🌷
Katrine 🌼 💚




2 kommentarer:

  1. Så vakker duk, og så smart med alle dei fine rosene :)

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Tusen takk for koselig tilbakemelding Bodil ♥️♥️♥️så hyggelig at du likte duken 🤗 ønsker deg en fin ny uke 💚

      Slett